I am wondering if I am the only one that feels this way. I went to the Seal Beach yesterday night after my LSAT class. I felt that I needed to get out of the way for a minute from all the work and exhaustion that eats up my brain. I have been having a lot of headaches lately, and that must be partly due to the fact that I am constantly not eating healthily.
So I went to Seal Beach, and there it was, one of the spots that marks a transition of my life. I remember that last year, right around this time, I've did my first Grunion Run with a friend. Memories just came, where I folded up my jeans up to my knees and there I was-- stepping on the seashore and trying to catch something slimmy and gooey. I remember that I was very scared at the same time psyched up about it. I was scared because it was dark with the water being so BLACK and so BROAD, and it scared me that there might be jellyfishes and I would die from getting stung. The comment by my friend was, "hahaha quit being such a pussy! I'm grabbing more than you."
There I was, a very city sheltered boy, who knew nothing about anything besides knowing how to survive at a concrete jungle and through all navigation of the subway system, where to go malling, where is the ghetto at downtown to go bootlegging, and where to go to eat at 2AM in the morning.
I think I started to go on and appreciate other activities that involves things that are more of a So-Cal style. The surfing (which I still did not have the MONETARY incentive to go buy a board), the beach, the run, the more outdoor activities if you will... And that is how I am beginning to grow and foster so many other activities that makes life ever so contempt.
As I am standing near the dock at that night, all these self-reflections came out and then I am wondering what I would grow into 2 years later from now. I always have this feeling, though, that I would be living in Hong Kong for at least a year, once in my life time...just because I have so many ties there... I am also waiting to see if my dream of being able to travel the world would awake to be true. All I need is that moment of time that can all be mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment