Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"It is good to let them tell you they reject you than to let you into their school and have you SUFFER with your incompatibles."

This is bad. I know that I am supposed to study, however, what can I accomplish in less than 50 minute time interval? Might as well write a blog entry right! Yes, been busy lately, I have more night classes than last quarter to keep me occupied. Instead of focusing on where to go, and the whole, “I do not feel like studying,” at night or “I am bored so I am going to go out with roommies/friends to eat;” this is a very self-assuring that I have class to go at night! HAHAHAH, I am spending less money this way! But I am not that frugal, it is just the fact that I am trying to save money so I can spend it in a more worthy way once summer hits.


I just noticed that my downer friend from up north is so apathetic about everything nowadays. It seems like he is getting sadder and sadder as the day goes by. He is one hella’ emo guy. He believes that his dream is shattered, and that he cannot compete or have a hard time competing at such a great school. He then goes forth in drowning down that everything is sad, he mentions that other people’s dreams are also being shattered. However, he is wrong, because he is stirring himself onto that brush and paint to create a picture of everyone else. I think competition is hard; however, everyone is not dying in their time of their lives. People are continuing on with their PCAT, GMAT, GRE, and other tests. The person preparing for the GMAT is actually going to New York for a financial internship.


There is a mentioning of the quality students in that pool of competition, such as those who are waitlisted on Harvard or something like that. However, that is everywhere! In my school, it is so envious yet also uplifting to always hear that people got into UVA, Columbia, Cambridge, Stanford, and ect. for graduate school. However, I never consider myself inferior to them, because I truly believe that I am as smart as or even smarter than them! They might be good at one thing; however, I am better than them in so many other things that it is unbelievable. Believe me, I worked with a Berkeley Golden Bear before, and he is one of the too straight forward person and without any tools under his sleeves when working!


And then, there is also a thing where YOU ARE A LOSER if you do not get into the first choice school. That is not right. The whole “loser talk,” is BASED on the assumption that you are a loser because you lost, you are not good enough to get into the school, you are not going to be successful because you did not get into that school, and you are unworthy. My BEST FRIEND in HIGH SCHOOL said that I am stupid and naive. However, that is not the right assumption! The reason the school rejected you is based on the fact that you are not compatible with the school’s ideologies, environment, and routine. It is like dating, for you to have a good relationship, both sides must be compatible; otherwise, you would just suffer into this BAD RELATIONSHIP and be unhappy. If you got admitted into a school that has a very DIFFERENT view with you, then it would be harder for you. You would have to do deal with so many things, and find yourself being segregated with your peers. Next thing you know, you’ll graduate from the top university without classmate friends to open up a firm with you! It is like my emo friend who got into a top university; he just feels so much better if he is somewhere else down south. In my interpretation, he is not compatible with that university’s environment; so hypothetically, if that school that he goes to rejected him, he IS NOT A LOSER because he would have excelled elsewhere and have closer ties with other classmate friends to keep a better mental health with, and intimate professors to get recommendation letters from to continue on with your life. Once the first choice school rejected you, you should be glad, because they are letting you know that you are not compatible with them. It is good to let them tell you they reject you than to let you into their school and have you SUFFER with your incompatibles.


Life is not a MOVIE where there is an ENDING. People still LIVE. If you think about it, even if you graduate at a Tier 2 law school, you can still survive by being a public defender, and you still live a comfortable life. Also, the BEST lawyers are actually public defenders because THEY prepare COURT CASES EVERY DAY and go before the judge EVERY DAY! They have EXCEPTIONAL PRACTICE that they THINK FASTER than even those IVY LEAGUES graduates at the court room who probably DO NOT GO TO COURT EVERYDAY. Also PUBLIC DEFENDERS know the Judges VERY WELL since they WORK AT THE COURT. So they know the personalities of the judges, and KNOWS what type of PROOF would the Judge BUY and what WOULD NOT SELL.

As long as both of you and the school is compatible, you would excel! And if you have PASSION for something, you would excel. After all, PASSION is what DRIVES the survival of Catholicism and Christianity right! Without ANY SCIENTIFIC evidences that believing in god would SAVE you, they believe it would save them because those pastors and priest have SUCH PASSION for god, and that PASSION is what drives people to believe! AMEN!

1 comment: