Thursday, April 23, 2009

"GAB is no longer my school, and you just have to know where the boundaries are."

Today, as I stayed over a night at Altadena to get my work done and to have someone to accompany me to go to a night class/seminar at Pasadena, the next following morning, I went back to Gabrielino to get my transcript.

So why did I went back to GAB? Transcript! It is weird, when I was filling out my common apps for law schools, they asked about my HS GPA, and I was like-- wow... that is such a long time ago that I have completely forgotten what my GPA was and who were my teachers and class schedule during freshman-senior. I am shocked that they would even care about my HS GPA. I felt very funny, yet glad at the same time because I can do all these things at once while I am in the San Gabriel Valley Area.

This morning, I arrived on campus, in front of the beige brick tiles that landscapes with the burgundy red walls draping down. The clock tower rises handsomely as usual. I had a FUNNY FEELING. Slowly, memories came back, yet I have this very foreign feeling of the school. It feels like you just met this old friend that you have not seen for a long time, and then suddenly you encounter her or something. That feeling makes you feel so close with each other; yet, you do not know each other. There is definitely a GAP between us.

I walked into the Student Center, turned right into the counselor's hallway, and made a left. And I knocked on Ms. Bustamante's door. She immediately knew who I was, and I was VERY SURPRISE that she remembered MY NAME! She remembered my rants and rambles, and the time when I joked with her. I was greeted with warmth. There I was, thinking, oh god! Did I really have THAT MUCH FUN in high school?!!? Hell Yes! To me, I feel that I have a legacy that is hidden under the rug, but it would be there if I were to make a scene. Sometimes I wonder if this is a good thing. I feel as if I do not SHINE at all, yet, I shine in a more subtle and personal way with individuals more than with a well known fame attached to the sparkles. I find it very interesting to have this way of life. I would never be President, but I would be one of the most important contributors in helping society to gather up momentum.

I really wanted to go visit Mr. Lynch and Mr. Peters. They were the most important teachers that I have encountered in Gabrielino. Without them, I do not think I would be able to get a sense of what I like to study, and what I like to do in my college career. However, I was taken away by the security guards because I am not allowed to stay on campus. It was weird, a year ago, I was able to walk into Mr. Lynch's room and Peter's and I greeted them BOTH. Again... this is the gap between us.

GAB is no longer my school, and you just have to know where the boundaries are. I am no longer close with it, and no longer can be there. It is life. Things change, and you have to change with it. Understanding and tolerating things like that gives you a taste in what you would feel in the future. Sooner or later, my friends would get married. They would have wives, husbands, and children. No longer can they hang out with each other until 2 AM in the morning. So there is a preparation of me, of having to accept this fact that when things change, you have to change with it, and recognize that the boundaries are different.

However, I know one thing that wont change is me. I have this feeling that I would continue my college career for an extra mile, because I want to avoid that change in me of not having the boundaries of hanging out with people like a college freshman. The fact that I can still act as a College Freshman, hanging out with friends until 2AM in the morning--, makes me view life as SUPRA FUN!

Again, I think I have more of a direction now. I know where to go, where to abide, where to step up, step back, and dodge at the most appropriate times. Maybe that is the change in me, in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment