I think writing an entry is becoming a habit now. I am writing one every day on average. Sometimes, I tell myself, MAYBE... just MAYBE I should stop writing and focus on studying. HAHAHHA. But I cannot just help it, I am sitting at my favorite spot in Irvine, and the mood to self reflect became a mechanism for me to GO FOR IT!
I was talking with another person that night, and that person seem to like-- categorizing people in different places... To give an example, are you a TYPE A or B personality. The happy ending type of movie favorite. The CONSERVATIVE, the LIBERAL, the MODERATE, the ANARCHIST. The dominant, the passive, the both.
It seems that human beings have this frantic need to put things in order; rank things from high to low, organizing the Animal Kingdom and its species, genus, order, class, phylum and so on...
Sometimes, I feel that categorizing things is what we need because it gives us a distinct personality. Like you categorize yourself with being a person who is a PERSON who HATES HAPPY ENDING MOVIES. Then that person DOES WHATEVER he can to LIVE UP TO THAT. While he may give himself PERSONALITY, he greatly hinders his tolerance and misses out. You have to be ACCEPTING. TRY DIFFERENT THINGS. There is MORE THAN ONE WAY OF DOING THINGS. Why not learn them all?!?
However, there is also a problem when you ACCEPT SUCH BIG VARIETY, you also HINDER your PERSONALITY. People want to see the true you! What is your personality?!? Take it for example, you are overly accepting, you try different things, and people would be weird out because they wouldn't know WHAT TYPE OF PERSON YOU ARE... OH MY GOSSSSHHHH This is getting too complicated... Like you do not really like to eat FISH, but your friends told you to TRY IT. And you try it, and you do not like it, but you say you like it anyway, and MAKE A BIG EFFORT IN LIKING IT that you MAKE YOURSELF to ACQUIRE THAT TASTE... BAD. BAD. BAD.
So, there must be some type of balance in between of having personality, doing whatever you like, yet trying or at least be aware of other ways of means in getting that way.
*********************************************
I want to write a book, the title would be The Dark Lessons of Craig's. But how would I write it with such beautiful colors?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you hate happy ending, you may like it when you are with your love one. If you hate fish, put lemon on it! We know how to sidestep different things as we grow older. We tend to be more alike as we grow older. We gain more interests, a wider set of emotional responses, social roles, etc.
ReplyDelete